Food Service Tip of The Month
HANDWASHING IS A MUST
Handwashing is the first line of defense from bacteria and other germs.
REDUCE GLUCOSE IN BLOOD THRU EXERCISE.
HOW- EXERCISE is excellent for diabetics as it disperses blood
glucose, reducing need for insulin.
- Diabetics should take care to also reduce insulin taken on days they exercise. For type 1 diabetics, 8-12 minutes of exercise should be done after every meal.
- Exercise also causes you to SWEAT and will flush uric acid from body thru skin, lungs and breath. Exercise in sunlight if possible. You will sweat much more if there's sun.
- WINTERTIME? Sit in very hot tub of water with 2 cups apple cider vinegar in it. The acid makes you sweat more.
Go to steam room. You will sweat out uric acid, saving kidneys work.
- THIN diabetics should use caution in relationship to exercise. Overweight diabetics need to exercise. Exercise clears the blood of glucose.
REDUCE GLUCOSE IN BLOOD THRU INCREASE FIBER INTAKE
HOW-It is an odd fact but true; fiber in the diet lowers blood-sugar.
- Beans, pulse like lentils, brown rice, millet, quinoa, all vegetables are high fiber.